Don't have room at home to make wine? No problem - make it at Curds and Wine!
- Do all of your winemaking at Curds and Wine, using our equipment -- you don't need to buy anything except your wine kit and bottles!
- We store your wine during the process, clean up equipment for you, and set up your carboy for winemaking steps; we are also available to guide you in any winemaking steps and give you advice along the way
- Make your own personalized labels using your own design or our templates, and print them out on our printer - included at no extra charge!
- When your wine is ready to bottle, use our bottling pump and corker to quickly and professionally bottle your wine - basic corks are also included in the package
- You also get a Curds and Wine 6-bottle wine tote to help carry your wine home!
In order for you to make wine on site, please take note the following conditions:
- All winemaking steps must be done by the customer
- Wines can be made on site from Winexpert or RJ Spagnols wine kits, Cider House Cider kits purchased from Curds and Wine; wine kits brought in from outside sources are subject to additional $25 off-premise kit fee. Wines are not made on site from fresh grapes, frozen musts/juice, non-grape fruit wine concentrates or canned concentrates
- Vintner's fee does not include bottles or bottling wax
- Wine can be bulk aged on site for up to 3 months
- You must be 21 or over to make wine on site
To make wine on site at Curds and Wine, it costs the price of the wine kit(s) plus a $100 vintning fee for the first wine kit, $75 for the second wine kit, and $50 for the third wine kit started per session (limit 3 wine kits per session), plus the cost of the kit(s).
The winemaking process in general is as follows:
- Day 1, start your wine
- Concentrated juice is poured into a bucket, water is added to bring the final volume to 6 gallons total, and yeast is sprinkled on top. This process takes about 20 minutes.
- After 7-14 days
- The wine is "racked" or siphoned/transferred to a secondary container. This step also takes about 20-30 minutes.
- After another 7 - 14 days
- The wine is degassed, stabilized and cleared using a drill-driven wine whip. This step takes 30-40 minutes depending on the kit and how much degassing the particular wine needs.
- After another 2 weeks
- Red wines will have an extra racking step, then be held to bulk age for an additional 3 months before bottling. White, Rosé and Dessert wines will be ready to bottle! Bottling takes about one hour per kit.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any problems or questions!