Winexpert Limited Edition
January 2012 Release
- Price: $147.95
- Limited Editions must be pre-ordered. Pre-orders are due in at Curds and Wine by Sunday December 4th. Preorders are for in-store purchase and pick up only. Payments are not due until kits are picked up.
- The Region:
- The Red Mountain American Viticultural Area (AVA) is Washington's smallest, at approximately 3,600 acres. Grape growing conditions are almost textbook perfect: slope, exposure, weather conditions, good air drainage, large day/night temperature swings, gravelly soil with high calcium carbonate content and high pH, and the nearby Yakima River to moderate temperature extremes - there could hardly be more positive flavor influences to grapes grown here.
- The Wine:
- A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, this wine features great extract, deep color and intense aromatics of dark berry fruit, cassis, peppery spice, cedar and smoke. The seductive nose of this wine foreshadows magnificent texture and flavor, including dark berries, licorice, vanilla and warm brown spices that glide across the palate. The texture and mouthfeel of the wine offer up silky tannins and a velvety smooth structure.
- The Food:
- Marinated & Grilled Flank Steak with Blue Café De Paris Butter.
- The complexity and structure of this wine will require three to six months to unwind, and it will continue improving for several years. Due to the ripe tannins it will also benefit from decanting before serving.
- Sweetness Code:
- 0 (dry)