Winexpert Limited Edition
January 2012 Release
- Price: $141.95
- Limited Editions must be pre-ordered. Pre-orders are due in at Curds and Wine by Sunday December 4th. Preorders are for in-store purchase and pick up only. Payments are not due until kits are picked up.
- The Region:
- Known as "Valley of Wine and Roses," South Africa's Robertson Valley has a very hot climate with minimal rainfall-less than a foot per year. Luckily the calcareous red clay loam and clay Karoo soils have excellent water-holding capacity, and the gentle slopes and varied microclimates allow for precision planting to maximize grape quality.
- The Wine:
- Sauvignon Blanc has wild, herbaceous flavors and tart, grapefruit-like character, which shows strongly in the young wine, while Semillon has flavors of honeydew melon and sweet honey that take a bit longer to come out. Together the two grapes make a lush, balanced wine with great up-front fruit and a satisfying, rich finish.
- The Food:
- Pan Roasted Digby Bay Scallops, Jewel Yam Purée, White Truffle Oil & Salsa Verdé.
- The citrus notes of the Sauvignon Blanc make this wine tempting to drink right away and after three months the Semillon will rise up to give a mellower white wine. It will improve for at least a year, giving deeper flavors of melon and honey as it goes.
- Sweetness Code:
- 0 (dry)